Sunday, December 29, 2013

Snow Cave & Weekend Adventures

Over the weekend, I spent some time with my uncle, aunt, and their son. Their son, Kellan, wanted to do some sledding, but due to the lack of hills we were unable to do this. So, as an alternative, my uncle Chris suggested we build a "Snow Cave" we' built the cave big enough to hold approximately 4 people sitting up.  It took Kellan and I about 2.5 hours to complete the job, but it was incredibly fun to build.

While we began I talked to Chris about his job and then we talked about the fort and that you actually use this kind of fort if you would be stranded in the middle of nowhere. You could use it for more than a good time building it when it's 40 degrees outside but, we just wanted to build it.

My uncle, just like myself, is very into computers and all that good stuff. But we were discussing a bunch of things about editing, and how to not rely on "Fade Out" to get you in and out of scenes. He also talked about working WGBH, The biggest PBS producer in America, and how they do Nova and he's moving up in the ranks you could say. It was very "educational" for me learning my editing skills and all that good stuff. You may actually have seen Chris's name in the credits for Frontline. He does final editing, color repairs, adding in HD, final edits, etc., He is now working with another team to take over Nova because they aren't keeping up with what needs to be done. He talked about how they're going to be airing a show about the new technology like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all that other good stuff.

So that's about all my weekend contained. I hope you all had a great Christmas and have a very Happy New Year.

No comments :

Post a Comment